Sunday, November 12, 2006

Welcome, Fellow Paperfolders!


Hey there, teeming blogoshpere! It's yet another origami design/presentation blog! I've been folding casually for as long as I can remember, and more seriously for the past year or so. I've gotten to the point that I think a blog might be useful, as a personal journal if nothing else. Some of you may have seen me as a hudson on the origami forum, (http://www.thekhans.me.uk/forum), or as origami_madness on Flickr, although I've been considerably less than prolific on either one.


But anyway: as I said, this is an origami design/presentation blog, so I'm going to introduce one of the models that i've done recently. On the left is me wearing Jeremy Shafer's "Flasher Hat", from his book Origami to Astonish and Amuse (published by St. Martin's Press). I folded it out of 28 inch peice of green butcher paper, and it took about 8 hours; butcher paper probably wasn't the best choice... it's too hard to work with, for models that require a massive all-in-one collapse like this one.

2 comments:

steven said...

hi andrew! i want to wish you good luck for your blog! looks promising =)

Anonymous said...

Hey!
nice blog. I folded that flasher hat too :D